I am going to talk about website niche ideas. Oftentimes a new affiliate marketer gets stuck in deciding what niche they want to enter. There are just so many areas to choose from. This article on website niche ideas comes with a twist because I am going to be talking website niche ideas Boomer to Boomer here.
Who is a Boomer?
Baby Boomers, (or Boomers) are folks who were born between 1946 – 1964. We were the original youth generation. We grew up on rock and roll, heavy metal and transitioned into disco. We saw wars and protested against some of those wars. We started the “Free Love” movement.
We saw the birth of the computer and witnessed its evolution to where computers and technology stand today. Some of us have shied away from the computer and modern technology whereas the majority of us have learned to embrace it.
Wherever you are on the Boomer continuum, there are niche ideas that you can explore and develop and I know that there are many niche areas in the boomer realm that an affiliate marketer can call their own.
The Nitty Gritty – Steps To Take
So, let’s get started Baby Boomers.
List Of Possible Topics
- Make a list of topics that you have quite a bit of knowledge about.
- Make a list of topics you would like to learn more about.
- Make a list of topics that your friends all talk about.
- Out of those three lists, pick out one niche topic that catches your eye.
Research And Exploration
- Take the name of the topic that caught your eye and explore questions that folks may have about that topic. To do this, find a forum related to that niche and review the questions people are asking in there. Are there questions you can answer? If you can not answer their question right away, could you do a bit of research so you could answer them? If you say yes, go on to the next step.
- Research keyword combinations related to that particular topic. You can do this through Google Trends or Google AdWords. I personally do my keyword research through the Keyword Tool at Wealthy Affiliate. By doing keyword research, you will identify popular search terms and you will already have a ready-made list of article topics you can write about for the website you will develop within your niche.
- The next step is to research your competition. It is the rule rather than the exception that you will have competition in your niche. Having competition is okay. When you research your competition, check to see if they have high quality articles on their website. Think about how you could improve upon the information they are providing. Can you provide quality information in your own unique style? Just because there is competition, It doesn’t mean that you cannot be an authoritative leader in that particular niche.
- Still looking good on the niche you are exploring? The next step is to explore how you can make a profit on this niche. Is it books you can promote? Are there products you can promote through your niche? Are there community sites you can promote? Are there service sites you can promote? If the answer is yes, then you are cooking with gas.
- If you have taken all the steps outlined above and you have determined that this particular niche would work for you, then you have found the niche for your first website.
- If you have determined that the niche you explored would not be profitable for you, go on to the next topic on the topic lists you created earlier and follow the exploration steps all over again.
I hope I have given you the information you were looking for so that you can decide on a viable niche for your website. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them in the comment section below and I will be happy to answer them for you.
Until we meet again….ROCK ON!