Are people Making Money from ClickBank? Is ClickBank a good company to promote products through? Today’s review will be covering this very topic so I am going to dive right in.
Price: Free – $47 a month US. More if you add ClickBank Builder.
Owners: Keynetics Inc.
My Review’s Overall Rank: 80 out of 100
ClickBank is owned by Keynetics Inc. which is one of Idaho’s largest privately owned technology company. It was founded in 1998 by Tim and Eileen Barber.
This company has generated over 3 billion dollars for its members since its inception.
You can join ClickBank for free as either an affiliate or as a vendor. As an affiliate, you sell digital products offered by vendors for a commission. The digital products can be text, audio or video.
The vendors are the members that have created the digital products and set the price for the sale of their products. The customers can receive the products online right away or they can order a physical version of the product (such as a CD).
Anyone can join ClickBank for free. Saying that, if a person wanted to navigate through ClickBank’s marketing either as a vendor or as an affiliate with some guidance, there is a price.
Once a person signs up as a member, they are introduced to the option of joining ClickBank University 2.0. To join ClickBank University, it costs $47 US with a 30-day money back guarantee.
After joining ClickBank University, a member then learns that there will be a $47 monthly charge every month if they wanted to continue with learning about Internet Marketing through the ClickBank University.
Once a person is a member of ClickBank University, they are then given the option of taking advantage of ClickBank Builder 2.0.
ClickBank Builder is a website builder and page builder. These are essential tools for someone with little technical skill who needs to build sales landing pages quickly. The cost for ClickBank Builder is two payments of $297 US. One payment required immediately upon joining and the second payment required in 30 days.
If a member declines the initial offer to access ClickBank Builder, they are then offered another option of 7 monthly payments of $97 US with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Tools And Training – ClickBank University 2.0
TheClickBank University for affiliates is well laid out and professionally done. They go through the training step by step and it is easy for a newcomer in affiliate marketing to follow along. Topics for affiliates include:
- Choosing your niche
- Growing your audience
- Promoting Products
TheClickBank University affiliate training is 8 weeks in length and the vendor training is 12 weeks in length.
There are bi-weekly expert classes, a ClickBank toolkit and traffic center and discounts on favorite tools for a ClickBank University member (yes, more money).
The ClickBank Builder platform education is well laid out and lessons are in video format. The learner will need to use either Google Chrome or Firefox to view the lessons as the videos do not open in Internet Explorer.
The Good and The Bad
- ClickBank has a solid reputation as a leader in the digital market
- ClickBank boasts over 1000 members becoming millionaires through promoting digital products
- Members always receive their payments on time from ClickBank
- Anyone can register
- Lots of digital products to promote
- Promotion of the products is totally up to the member
- There is support through forums and ClickBank’s community
- The training program is thorough
- Some of the digital products available are not high quality. The member will need to review the products they want to promote closely
- As a result of the poor products, there is a high refund rate. Clickbank does offer a 60-day money back guarantee for its customers and this does affect the bottom line of the affiliates and vendors
- Initial cost of taking advantage of Clickbank’s training and builder platform is quite high.
- If a customer asks for a refund for any of the products offered by ClickBank, it is common practice for ClickBank to initiate the refund ticket, then a day later change it to a technical support ticket so that the vendor can try and convince the customer to keep the product. Be aware that if the customer does not contact ClickBank to confirm that they still want a refund, the refund will not go through.
- After a customer requests a refund for a second time, it takes on average five business days for the refund to be completed.
My Final Opinion of ClickBank
Joining ClickBank and accessing its training program and web tools is not for the faint of heart. This is because of the cost involved and the need to review the digital products closely.
I would recommend that only if a person is willing to spend many hours in working through the learning system supplied by ClickBank University 2.0 and applying what they have been taught, then, and only then will the cost be worth it.
If an affiliate marketer is only doing a “kick of the can”, then they should join only as a free member.
Because ClickBank has a practice of trying to change a customer’s request for refund back into a sale, affiliate marketers promoting ClickBank products, may experience a negative backlash.
My advice for Affiliate Marketers is to proceed with caution.