This is a review of the Commision Junction Affiliate Program. It is now known as CJ Affiliate and for the rest of this review, I will refer to it as such. For anyone that is in affiliate marketing, CJ Affiliate is a company that any affiliate marketer who currently has good daily traffic coming to their website should consider joining.
The company Commission Junction was founded in 1998 in Santa Barbara California. It was re branded as CJ Affiliate by Conversant on February 3, 2014, after a few acquisitions. Its current parent company is Alliance Data. CJ Affiliate’s headquarters remain in Santa Barbara, California. It has other offices located in Wesborough Massachusetts, Westlake Village California, Atlanta Georgia, New York, Chicago Illinois and San Francisco California. It also has branch offices worldwide.
CJ Affiliate Review
- Name: CJ Affiliate by Conversant
- Website: cj.com
- Price: Free to join
- President: Waleed Al-Atraqchi
- Overall Rank: 94 out of 100
- Verdict: Legitimate
Signing up for CJ Affiliate is straightforward and the first task that an affiliate marketer (known as a “publisher”) should do is to fill out their “Network Profile. This network profile is important to fill out as it promotes your website and business on the CJ network and its advertisers (merchants). The Advertisers will then be able to review your profile. The advertiser will contact you if they would like you to promote their business on your website.
Here is a picture of what their sign-up page looks like:
Once you have signed up, you can also look at the list of the different advertisers. You can apply directly to any one of them if there is a product that you would like to promote. The advertiser in turn will either accept or reject your application depending on what they are looking for in a publisher.
Upon sign up, you are sent an introductory email outlining the steps you will need to take in setting up your account and you will be given links to CJ Affiliate tutorials. The video below is one of the video’s they have.
There is also a support center where more learning tutorials on many topics pertaining to CJ Affiliate can be reviewed.
Payments made to the affiliates are made by check or direct deposit. The minimum amount of payout to an affiliate is $100.
- CJ Affiliate has many large companies as advertisers
- The payments to the publishers are reliable
- There is no fancy “Rah, Rah, We are the greatest” kind of promotion
- It is a company that has been around for 20 years
- Many established affiliate marketers make a good income through CJ Affiliate
- Affiliates cannot freely pick and choose who they can promote. The merchants make the final decision
- For a brand new affiliate marketer, the learning curve to navigate the site will be huge.
- For support, the only way an affiliate can reach support is through a contact sheet. There is no live support.
In conclusion, I will say that CJ Affiliate is a good solid affiliate company to join. It is a company that will suit the needs of the more established marketers who have already built up solid traffic on their websites. The avenues of support are limited but adequate. I have given CJ Affiliate an overall ranking of 94 out of 100 and this is because of the limitations in its support for affiliates.
If you have any questions or comments about this review, please feel free to leave your comments below.
Have a great day!